sadly, this is the world we live in, and, no matter if it is known and ignored or if we are totally oblivious, it's frightening, upsetting, confusing, and, most importantly, disgusting. so, what exactly is this mis'd
existence of which I speak...MISeducation
interactions and communication, and most importantly, MISsed
importance. These were just the few I could think of now, but I am sure that I am missing some other really good ones.
the old adage
of 'ignorance is bliss' is accurate in describing the state of mind (or peace of mind) when you are not aware of something, BUT......and I do mean BUT, this does eliminate the responsibility that we all share to search out the truth and be ignorant no more!!! this is not easy can seem impossible when you 'just don't know.'
the challenge in coming to this place of understanding is figuring out how to most effectively share your knowledge with others AND be able to ACCEPT that fact that some people just don't give a sh*t and want to continue living in whatever situation they are in. we've got to keep fighting and trying to reach those individuals that no longer want to drink this poison and may not know what they are consuming.
sorry to rush this. i would like to come back to this and address it in more depth and with more attention. hopefully, the links below will be interesting enough to earn your forgiveness for a premature ending to this thought.
1. privacy is a serious matter that so many people do not understand, especially the people making the laws about privacy (nytimes article, free registration may be required)
2. and you thought i was lying when i said the power is running out....why do you think i am focused on power consumption for my thesis? (nytimes article, free registration may be required)
3. the "sour grapes" complex......also known in the younger generations as HATERS!!! (nytimes article, free registration may be required)
4. invisible harry potter cloak is on the way!!!
5. wow...another privacy article.....this time concerning the iphone (make sure to read the comments)