Thursday, March 27, 2008

blah

that's how i have been feeling for a couple of weeks now. i have been able to ignore it for the most part because i have been so immersed in my work, but as things quiet a bit, i can't ignore it with much success. the last two days were very unproductive as i found it very difficult to focus and think through my next steps. i hope these days that i have let slip through my fingers do not come back to haunt me come may 6th. ANYWAY, gotta shake that off and stay on the grind.

today was a more productive day, and i hope to keep the work ethic and motivation up until i leave for the summer. the paper is in its final stages and is looking pretty good. the feedback has been pretty positive in my opinion, but there are some minor changes that need to be made to make it better. i really hope the paper gets accepted. i am looking at spending the next few days, yes.....including the weekend, polishing the document for submission monday. my reward for submitting this paper is IMMEDIATELY shifting gears to bang out another paper in a month. i know this is insane, but it's gotta be done. how does the saying go, shoot for the moon and if you miss you will land among the stars...

1 Comments:

Blogger Francis Holland said...

Keep working hard, and resting for a moment in between. I know what it's like (after three years of law school and the Bar exam), but you're doing a great job and making a lot of progress.

I like your saying about shooting for the moon. But, my experience was different. When I shot for the moon, I became so afraid that I didn't leave the ground. But, when I started shooting only for the stars, I often found that I landed on the moon.

At one point, permission to risk doing average work was just the thing I needed in order to begin doing excellent work. But, everyone's case is different.

Whatever has gotten you this far is going to get you over the finish line as well!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home