Friday, May 04, 2007

mental toughness

the last couple of weeks have been more than trying, and i am just glad that i have been able to maintain my sanity. between hang-ups with the progress of my research and dealing with the lack of a social outlet for me here in cambridge, i have really had a tough time dealing. i believe i am just nearing the end of my tolerance. the same thing happened last year, and all i needed was a quick trip home and that got me to the end of june. i did not expect this journey in my life to be such a strain mentally. it is definitely draining, and i am sure that it causes the depression i experience here and there.

on a much happier note, i got my paper i submitted last month accepted!!! this is another HUGE milestone, and i am EXTREMELY happy. this could not have come at a better time. the deadline was may 1st, but i did not receive the email notification until this afternoon (when i could not have been more down in the dumps). God is always right on time. this has definitely put some much needed bounce in my step, and it's time to celebrate tonight!!!

"if it was easy, everybody would be doing it"
- coach wilson

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

hi, thanks for your procrastination tips! I'm obviously a PhD student myself, currently trying to decide whether to carry on trying to do it while working part time....

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can tell this is very important for modern tertiary education. Each learner seeks for a company that can make a presentation of his own views on how to write term paper on marketing in time and will do it correctly. All tasks are completed and delivered in the best form you could imagine it to be done.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home