Friday, January 27, 2006

a boring day turned positive

after coming into the office today with hopes of receiving some parts i had placed an order for, i was quickly disappointed to see that no such parts had arrived. the only thing i had today was read more papers. if you think reading the papers is boring, try having to search for the right papers and THEN read them. yes, the internet makes this process SOOOOO much easier, but it is hard to get out of bed each day and come to the office to just use the internet to find papers to read. i can do this in my room. before the wonderful days of the world wide web, this process must have been brutal if not deathly slow. anyway, i found some interesting papers and began reading like a good phd student. to my surprise, the last paper that i read today was right along with some ideas i have for my research. it turns out that the paper gave me a lot more ideas and ways to implement them. not only did i get ideas from the paper, but it also lifted my spirits and gave me some motivation to keep reading. i guess i should be glad that my parts did not come in today, or else, i would not have found this paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home