Monday, September 28, 2009

first draft of my dissertation COMPLETE

just wanted to share that i have finally completed the 1st draft of my dissertation. i am still making minor modifications, but the bulk is done. i will be ready to send out chapters for comments and feedback in just a few days. this feeling is so awesome, and i am just thankful that i was able to persevere and get to this point. things lined up very nicely, and i am happy to see that my deadlines i set for myself worked extremely well. the last 2 months have been long and arduous, but it is always nice to see that the hard work was not in vain.

one of my new mantras is 'make the struggle mean something,' and what i mean by this is that too often we fail simply because we give up just before our time comes. if we can just hold on a bit longer, most times we will achieve our goal. most times you can defeat your adversary simply by lasting longer than he can.

p.s. - AIRPORT FRUSTRATION...we've all had it standing in the check-in lines....this is an interesting story about an airline CEO that got a taste of his OWN medicine in his OWN airline's check-in line

3 Comments:

Blogger briogusto said...

Congratulations! You should be proud.

Good mantra.

3:37 PM  
Blogger TheMoneyMaven said...

I like that mantra...make the struggle mean something. I couldn't agree more

4:16 AM  
Blogger The Substantive Stylista said...

Good for you! I am working on my dissertation and am about to pull my hair out. What an accomplishment!!!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home